If you are residing in California or nearby and you would like to take advantage of QA jobs offers, you should undergo QA training so that you will be equipped with the knowledge and skills that you will need in order to be good at doing quality assurance.
The role of quality assurance in any company is very significant. It is a corporate wide commitment which employees at every level should have some knowledge of, which is why some companies require a QA certification, if the company operates in California. Quality Assurance training in California and elsewhere gives intensive and practical training in the implementation and maintenance of quality standards. Below are the schools that offer QA classes that you can take advantage of:
1. California State University – Dominguez Hills. This school is located to Carson, close to downtown Los Angeles (1000 East Victoria Street Carson, CA 90747). You can contact them at (310) 243-3696. The QA degrees they offer give students both academic and practical instruction, combined with independent study:
- Master of Science in Quality Assurance (MSQA). This is a master’s degree which has 33 units. Its prerequisites for enrolment include a bachelor’s degree and an educational or professional background of college-level mathematics and computer concepts.
- Bachelor of Science in Quality Assurance (BSQA). It is a bachelor program consisting of 120 units. It can be transferred into an associate program because its admission requirements include a minimum of 60 units and that all general education requirements to be satisfied.
- Certificate in Service Quality Assurance. This is a graduate certificate program which requires a bachelor’s degree with previous study in statistics and/or probability for entry.
2. El Camino College. They are located at 16007 Crenshaw Boulevard, Torrance, CA 90506 and they can be contacted at (310) 660-3500. The QA programs that this school offers include the history and development of the so-called ‘quality philosophy’ and also gives students the opportunity to learn relevant computer skills using current software being used in the industry.
- Associate of Science in Quality Assurance. It requires 29 units of major-related coursework. It is good for 60 units and lasts two years.
- Certificate of Achievement in Quality Assurance. This is a certificate program comprising of 29 units.
3. San Jose State University. They are located at 1 Washington Sq San Jose, CA 95112. They can be reached at (408) 924-1000.