Quality Assurance Training in Texas is an important step for people of the state who would like to have a competitive advantage for getting higher pay and placement in better companies that provide QA jobs.
QA training in Texas can be achieved by taking QA classes. Once a student completes this, he or she will be eligible to apply for QA certification.
It is the job of quality assurance professionals to make sure that the products which are created by different industries such as manufacturing, technology and engineering are all safe, effective and ready to be used by the consumer. Students who are interested in having QA training in Texas pursue either continuing education courses or a full degree from the following schools:
1. Austin Community College. Located at 5930 Middle Fiskville Road, Austin, TX 78752 and can be reached through their phone number at (512) 223-7000. This school has its primary focus on vocational training, offering 235 associate’s degrees and professional certificates. Students who would like to pursue quality assurance careers can attend the American Society for Quality continuing education courses offered at this institution’s High Technology Institute. These courses will prepare students to be ASQ certified. This is a required certification for all quality assurance professionals outside the field of engineering. Here are the courses:
- Certified Quality Auditor Course.
- Certified Quality Engineer Course
- Certified Quality Technician and Certified Mechanical Inspector Course
- Certified Quality Software Engineer Course
- Manager of Quality and Organizational Excellence Course
2. Texas Tech University. It does not offer a degree program directly related to quality assurance, but it does offer a graduate program that emphasizes manufacturing and quality assurance. This is the Master of Science in Manufacturing Systems and Engineering. Graduates of this program are expected to hold positions of technical management within manufacturing and engineering organizations. They are located 3301 4th St, Lubbock, TX 79415 with contact number: (806) 742-2011.
3. Tarletron State University. A public, coeducational, state university located at 1333 West Washington Street Stephenville, TX 76401. It is the largest non-land-grant university primarily devoted to agriculture in the United States. They offer quality assurance courses and they can reached through their contact number at (254) 968-9000.
The manufacturing and QA aspect of the M.S. in Manufacturing Systems and Engineering degree program will give students an understanding of how they can manage the manufacturing quality of goods. Their specific courses include inventory and production control, network analysis, linear and nonlinear programming, computer integrated manufacturing processes and programmable control systems. Students will also be taught the basics of on-line and off-line quality assurance.